The Acropolis 2008

DOCUMENTING FOR OUR FAMILY, FRIENDS AND OTHER INNOCENT BYSTANDERS,
THE SIGHTS, SOUNDS AND TASTES OF OUR VARIOUS ADVENTURES.


HI THERE AND WELCOME!!!
You were probably directed here
by some mis-guided soul who thought
that you could use a chuckle or two.
See how The NOWAT series began at:
Clicking on any photo will make it full sized.
Visit the NOWAT Med Cruise 2008 picture album as it evolved at:
NOWAT MEDCRUISE 2008

10.22.8 – Preparing to Get Outta Dodge!!

QUICK NOTE …regarding comments that NOWAT posts can be too wordy.
These aren’t the “CLIFF NOTES” folks.
As the header explains, NOWAT’s purpose is to document the sights, sounds, tastes, etc of our adventure; to Virtually take you along to see, feel, do, and experience exactly what we do, as we do it… with a little obvious editorial license. Sooooo…. If Uncle Chuck gets a bit verbose, well…as a revered Italian Crooner once sang, “That’s Life”.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled report.

“Chuckie, where’s my blow dryer?
-“In the Big Bag”
“No its not, I don’t see it.”
-It’s in the Publix bag to keep the cord contained”
“OK… now I see it, how about the Steam Iron?”
-“Under the Blow Dryer .
[SHEEEESSHH already she’s started with the “WhereIsIt’s… and we’ve just started the final packing]”
“What was that?”
-“Nothing Dear”
“Have you seen my red striped sweater”
-“Its on the bed under your black striped sweater, do you really need both… they're pretty bulky”
“You don’t want me freezing do you?”
-“I told you before… Layer…Layer… 55F-68F is not freezing dear!!!”
“KODAK… do we have enough KODAK, you know how camera happy you get, remember China?”
-“Plenty dear, besides there's the Digital with a 2Gig memory card a 1Gig spare in my phone”

Now if she'll just stick to getting the umpteen bags of makeup and pills organized, I can get the rest of this thing moving along.

Packing for an adventure with the Dragon Lady is just that… an Adventure. She’s had it all laid out on the bed and everywhere else since Saturday. Its not like we haven’t done this before… but it sure seems like it every time she starts sorting and resorting. Then she runs to the 'puter to check weather for the next destination [in this case 3 different countries on 2 continents over 12 days] the game plan changes and I have to repack her latest adds and minus’. [You DO know that I do all the packing dontcha?] Old military packing habits die hard, if not, we’d be lugging 3 times the luggage.

The last few days have become a blur.

  • Total shopping trips since Friday = 7,
  • Number of last minute “Honey I need more […] please go get some” = Too Many.
  • The Excited look on her face at the thought of returning to Italy = PRICELESS

By 1230AM she finished emptying the closet and somehow I got the last of her “chill” protection into her bag and wonder of wonders… my bag is not bulging [and I have the larger one for all the extras - blow dryer, travel iron, chargers, Voltage adapters, all the shoes, etc]. As she slumbers, I scale the bags and mine hits 54 Lbs [funny… 3 hours ago it was only 36 Lbs?!?] so I had to take out some shoes, and transfer a couple items to her bag, which was already bulging but only 37 Lbs. I really should have taken my regular bag and a small carryon but I ain't repacking this now.

Before I forget, here’s a nifty website for those interested tracking the ship in real time. [You poor bored souls] Scroll down for a neat Web came looking forward and aft [“Back End” for you land lubbers]
http://www.seascanner.com/schiffsposition.php?schiff=Carnival+Freedom Maybe I'll try to rig a sign in front of one like we did at the Hotel Bel 3 in Sicily back in 2001

Today should be a Breeze [yeah, Right…] All I have to do is Grocery Shop for Casa d'Chaos for the next 2 weeks [Grandma has to ensure the GrandBabies don't starve] and maybe make a few more "Oh, can you get me more [...]" trips.

Stay tuned for the usual Departure Day Chaos.

Hmmmmm, just in case...maybe I should run out for a little more Kodak…

Ciao 4 Now,
Chuck and the finally packed/dreaming of Via Veneto, Dragon Lady

No comments: